Around the field April 11, 2017
11 April 2017 – editors
From around the field this week: Awards for US western scholars and midwestern museum professionals; archivists’ marketplace of ideas in Oregon; placeless memories in York; and registration now open for summer institute on digital humanities in Texas.
AWARDS and FUNDING
- The American Heritage Center (AHC) at the University of Wyoming offers five annual travel grants to be used by scholars studying Wyoming, the American West, transportation, conservation, water resources and the performing arts (DEADLINE: April 14, 2017)
- Association of Midwest Museums invites nominations for career, leadership, best practices, and corporate achievement awards (DEADLINE: May 12, 2017)
CONFERENCES and CALLS
- The Reference, Access, and Outreach (RAO) section of the Society of American Archivists (SAA) seeks proposals for presentations and demonstrations for 6th annual Marketplace of Ideas at the SAA Annual Meeting – July 26, 2017, Portland, Oregon, US (DEADLINE: May 1, 2017)
- “Placeless Memories: Digital Constructions of Memory and Identity,” conference by the Institute for the Public Understanding of the Past – July 14, 2017, York, UK (DEADLINE: May 31, 2017)
- Registration now open for HILT (Humanities Intensive Learning and Teaching) institute – June 5-8, 2017, Austin, Texas, US
- Online course on Storage Techniques begins May 1 on MuseumStudy.com
- March 2017 issue of EXPOTIME! now available online
To submit an item to this regular listing, email us at [email protected] Please make sure to include a URL where readers can find more information about your posting.