Around the Field December 13, 2017
13 December 2017 – editors
From around the field this week: the Council of State Archivists has announced their next Executive Director; submissions for the Canadian Historical Association’s prizes are due at the end of the month; AASLH is seeking authors for chapters for their upcoming Interpreting Labor History at Museums and Historic Sites; winter/spring continuing education historic preservation classes are now available at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities.
- The Council of State Archivists has announced that former Kentucky State Archivist Barbara Teague will serve as their next Executive Director.
- At Home in Newark: Stories from the Queer Newark Oral History Project exhibit opening reception, Dec 14, 2017, Newark, NJ, US
AWARDS and FUNDING
- Submit for the Canadian Historical Association’s various prizes (including their Public History Prize) by Dec 31, 2017
- National Trust for Historic Preservation African-American Cultural Heritage Action Fund grants – Letters of intent due Jan 31, 2018
- IMLS Museums Empowered: Professional Development Opportunities for Museum Staff – Applications due March 1, 2018
CONFERENCES and CALLS
- The American Association for State and Local History seeks authors for chapters in the upcoming volume Interpreting Labor History at Museums and Historic Sites, part of their Interpreting History series published by Rowman & Littlefield. (Proposals due Jan 15, 2018)
- Oral History Association 2018 Annual Meeting – Oct 10-13, 2018, Montreal, Canada (Proposals due Jan 31, 2018)
- Oral history workshop in preparation for To Rhode Island from Puerto Rico project – Dec 21, 2017, Providence, RI, US
- Winter/spring continuing education historic preservation classes from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities at Rutgers University-Camden
- The Visual Culture of the American Civil War and Its Aftermath NEH Summer Institute, July 9-20, 2018, New York City, NY, US – Apply by March 1, 2018
- San Gemini Preservation Studies Summer 2018 field school – Apply by March 15, 2018
- This month from Rowman & Littlefield: Things Great and Small: Collections Management Policies, Second Edition (Simmons)
To submit an item to this regular listing, fill out the form at http://ncph.org/around-the-field-form/. Please make sure to include a URL where readers can find more information about your posting.