Around the Field January 10, 2018
10 January 2018 – editors
From around the field this week: the International Federation for Public History (IFPH) seeks nominations for their steering committee and proposals for their 2018 conference in São Paulo, Brazil; applications are now being accepted for this cycle’s Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows Competition; submit a proposal for the 2018 World Humanities Forum in Busan, South Korea by January 31; sign up for next week’s free “Historical Storytelling through Technology” webinar from the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Call for Nominations: The International Federation for Public History seeks to fill a delegate position on their steering committee. The position is for a four-year term starting March 1. NOMINATIONS DUE Jan 31, 2018
- National Endowment for the Humanities revises grant guidelines to support temporary, single-site exhibitions. The revision will allow a wider variety of institutions, especially smaller museums and historical societies, to qualify for NEH grant funding
- The Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia is seeking authors to help complete priority subject categories and editors for the next phase of the project.
AWARDS and FUNDING
- National Park Service and National Park Foundation post-doctoral fellowship in gender and sexuality equality – Applications due Jan 17, 2018
- Association for Documentary Editing invites nominations for the 2018 Boydston Essay Prize – Nominations due Jan 31, 2018
- Civil War Institute (CWI) Public History Fellows Scholarships and Teacher Scholarships to attend CWI Summer Conference – Applications due Feb 15, 2018
- National Park Service Save America’s Treasures Grant Program – Applications due Feb 21, 2018
- Society of American Archivists’ 2018 J. Franklin Jameson Archival Advocacy Award – Nominations due Feb 28, 2018
- Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows Competition – Applications due March 14, 2018
CONFERENCES and CALLS
- “Curated! A Symposium on Collecting” hosted by the DAR Museum – May 4, 2018, Washington, DC, US (PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Jan 29, 2018)
- “The Human Image in a Changing World” World Humanities Forum – Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2018, Busan, South Korea (PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Jan 31, 2018)
- “Till Earth and Heaven Ring: Celebrating the Progress and Sustaining the Promise of African American Museums” Association of African American Museums Annual Conference – Aug 8-11, Hampton, VA, US (PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Feb 9, 2018)
- International Federation for Public History 2018 Conference – Aug 21-24, 2018, São Paulo, Brazil (PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Feb 15, 2018)
- Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives Professionals seeks submissions for their upcoming focus issue Women & Collections. Submit an abstract by Feb 15, 2018.
- “Historical Storytelling through Technology” free webinar from the National Trust for Historic Preservation – Jan 16, 2018
- Upcoming online courses from AASLH: Leadership and Administration in History Organizations and Developing Exhibitions (both Jan 22-March 23, 2018) and Collections Management (Jan 29-March 20, 2018)
- Upcoming Introduction to Oral History day courses from the British Library and the Oral History Society – various dates Feb-May 2018, London, Manchester, and Sheffield, UK
- History Lab Plus Public History Workshop – March 9, 2018, Leeds, UK
- Field School on Vernacular Balkan Architecture – July 14-28, 2018, Rhodope Mountains, Bulgaria – Apply by May 25, 2018
To submit an item to this regular listing, fill out the form at http://ncph.org/around-the-field-form/. Please make sure to include a URL where readers can find more information about your posting.