Around the field June 7, 2017
07 June 2017 – editors
From around the field this week: Showcase of collaborative history projects in UK this weekend; program now online for conference on digital “placeless memories”; summer field programs in the Hudson Valley of New York; review of book on US World War I memorials.
AWARDS and FUNDING
- Mountain-Plains Museum Association award nominations due June 9, 2017
CONFERENCES and CALLS
- History In Action showcase of collaborative history projects – June 10, 2017, Huddersfield, UK (event date was listed in error in previous news posting)
- “Slavery, Memory, and Power: Commemorating 170 years Since the French Abolition of Slavery” – special issue of Histoire sociale/Social History (DEADLINE: June 15, 2017)
- “Placeless Memories: Digital Constructions of Memory and Identity,” program now available online – July 14, 2017, York, UK
- “Building Community with Place-Based Learning,” field experiences and workshops from Teaching the Hudson Valley – July 25-27, 2017, Hyde Park, New York, U.S.
- July-Aug issue of InterpNEWS now available online or as PDF
- Review of Sculpting Doughboys: Memory, Gender, and Taste in America’s World War I Memorials (Wingate)
- MuseumsEtc announces publication of searchable digital collection with 60+ titles
To submit an item to this regular listing, email us at histo[email protected] Please make sure to include a URL where readers can find more information about your posting.