Assistant Manager Guest Services
Maine Maritime Museum, an internationally recognized cultural institution located on the Kennebec River in Bath is looking for an Assistant Manager in Guest Services.
This is a full-time year-round supervisory position which will provide an exceptional visitor experience for all Museum guests. Responsibilities will include all functions of Guest Services Associates with an emphasis on retail operations.
Provide an exceptional guest experience for all Museum guests and act as a positive role model
in attitude and performance while supervising guest services associates. Share weekend supervisory responsibilities with managerial staff.
Provide support as needed for other Museum departments and for Museum programs and
Interact in a friendly and professional manner with museum staff, volunteers and outside
– Welcome guests to the Museum in a friendly and professional manner and fulfill all the
responsibilities of a Guest Services Associate including but not limited to:
– Sell and promote admissions, seasonal tours and cruises. Work cooperatively with the
Development, Marketing and Public Program Departments with a focus on growing
membership and earned revenue
– Communicate Museum information accurately and maintain a current level of
knowledge and awareness of all Museum exhibits, tours, programs and classes and
– Accurately utilize the POS system for admissions, program fees and store inventory
– Accurately reconcile assigned cash drawers after each shift, maintain correct tour/cruise
manifests, and produce daily reports
– Accurately use the museum’s on-line reservation system for advance reservations for instore
guests and telephone inquiries
– Open and close the admission desk/store area and galleries daily, and seasonally, open
and close the historic shipyard buildings
– Conduct basic housekeeping in public areas
– Other duties as assigned
– Maintain a working knowledge of store merchandise in order to assist guests and meet
sales objectives. Take an active role in inventory management: receiving,
merchandising and restocking as directed. Participate in annual physical inventory
– Maintain and enhance the Museum’s on-line shop and process Internet orders.
– Provide daily paperwork reconciliations to the Finance Department.
– Knowledge and promotion of Facility Rental and Group Tour programs
– Work with group tours from scheduling visits to on-site coordination of visits. Assist
event staff as needed with private and Museum special events.
– Work to develop additional revenue opportunities with added activities and product
sales for group visits and events
Required Skills and abilities
– Excellent communication and customer service skills, in person and on the telephone
– Ability to work independently and effectively with diverse groups of people
– Ability to multi-task in a faced-paced seasonal environment
– Basic computer skills, including but not limited to knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Competent math skills
– Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends and occasional evenings
– Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk over irregular terrain and lift 35 lbs.
– Retail experience a plus
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to CFO/COO John Settelen at [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.