Inclusion & Community Engagement Associate
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for an Inclusion & Community Engagement Associate to support the achievement of goals and objectives for the Department of Inclusion and Community engagement (DICE). The four primary responsibilities are to develop and implement talent cultivation programs, continuously build relationships with external communities, to support ongoing initiatives within the DICE, and to support the MNHS Learning & Development initiative. All of the work produced in this role should support the MNHS Inclusion and Diversity Strategic priority.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) develop and implement talent cultivation and progressive engagement programs; 2) support DICE’s Community Relationship Building Initiative and MNHS’s Community Engagement efforts that build relationships with external partners, groups, and individuals; 3) support the creation and delivery of Learning & Development modules at MNHS; and 4) support ongoing DICE initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in museum studies, American studies, urban studies, ethnic studies (can be specific to a cultural group), educational instruction, or a related field plus three years program experience or equivalent OR an advanced degree plus two years program experience or equivalent.
- Experience delivering educational programs to high school students from marginalized communities and/or non-predominantly white audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops and classroom presentations or seminars for students.
- Strong organizational skills to plan programs, document progress, and complete a final report.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and work with community-based organizations.
- General knowledge of Minnesota history and the history of the multiple racial, ethnic and cultural, and tribal groups within the state.
- General knowledge of the multiple Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and other gender and sexual minority communities within Minnesota.
- General knowledge of the multiple physical, cognitive, and emotional disability communities within Minnesota.
- Demonstrated participation in learning or professional development opportunities that increased awareness of cultural competence/intelligence/agility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of the Department of Inclusion and Community Engagement philosophy at the MNHS.
- Knowledge of the MNHS’ Inclusion and Diversity strategic priority.
- Experience with multiple Department of Inclusion and Community Engagement programs as a participant or in a support position.
- Experience working with MNHS Fellowship programs.
- Two years experience research and delivering trainings to adult/professional audiences.
- Experience developing or coordinating programs for college students.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and placing interns.
- Experience supervising an intern.
- Experience creating Learning and Development modules around cultural competence.
- Experience with program assessment or evaluation.
- Proficient written and spoken skills in a language other than English.
- Knowledge of a finance system and database driven work.