September 28, 2017
Seeking: [email protected] posts
Last November, the editors of [email protected] posted a response to the election in which we laid out concerns about how federal leadership and new policies might affect vulnerable populations and institutions within American society. We are seeking reflections from the public history community on how these areas of concern have fared over the first nine months (or year) under the new administration. Posts should provide historical context and might focus on:
- immigrant communities, people of color, women, LGBTQ+ communities, or indigenous people;
- science and the environment;
- business and labor;
- speech, education, and information processing;
- public land and private property;
- and international relations.
We are looking to broaden the conversation about the role of public history in today’s society, and the ways in which our society impacts our ability to do good work in the field.
Photo credit: National Archives