310 Thach Hall
Department of History
Auburn, AL 36849
Established in 2009, the Public History Program at Auburn University builds upon the history department's longstanding program in Archival Studies. The public history program offers an MA in History, with certification in Public History. Students may also complete an MA in History with certification in Archival Studies.
- M.A. in History with a Certificate or Concentration in Public History
- Ph.D. in History with a Certificate or Concentration in Public History
- Archival Practices
How Many Students are Admitted Annually
Financial Aid Available
Deadline To Apply
See program website for details.
The public history program manager works with each student to assess their career goals and match appropriate internships to build experience in the field.
Places Where Students Have Interned During the Past 3 Years
- Alabama Power Museum and Archives, Kentucky
- Historical Society
- Horseshoe Bend National Military Park
- Alabama Department of Archives and History
- AFL-CIO Archives; State and County Historical
- Societies and Libraries