Preserve WV AmeriCorps Program: Full-time and Half-time Opportunities
Apply now to become a paid Preserve WV AmeriCorps member for a year! Service opportunities start at sites statewide in late August 2019. (Recruitment will continue until all sites are filled.) Full-time (1700 hour) and half-time (900 hour) opportunities are available. Renewal is possible for a second year.
The Preserve WV AmeriCorps program is the Preservation Alliance of West Virginia’s statewide National Service initiative where members help main streets thrive, help communities capture their local history, and help preserve beloved West Virginia landmarks. This grant-funded, AmeriCorps State program’s purpose is to increase economic and community development in West Virginia through historic preservation, heritage tourism, and capacity-building projects.
Members are placed for a year at individual nonprofit organizations and government agencies across the state. Preserve WV sites range from museums and archives to Historic Landmarks Commissions and Main Street organizations.
• Gain valuable experience
• Living allowance, paid in biweekly stipends
• Educational award to use for tuition or qualified, federal student loans
• Group health insurance available for full-time members
• Childcare available for full-time members
• See www.pawv.org/americorps.html
• Contact [email protected]