Museum Studies Certificate
Peck Hall 1233
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1454
Established in 2003, SIUE’s Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Museum Studies is an interdisciplinary program with course offerings in History, Anthropology, Art and Design, Public Administration and Policy Analysis, and Industrial Technology. Students can attend full or part time and can complete the certificate alone or in conjunction with a MA, MFA, or MPA. The program admits up to 15 students a year with an average of 3 students graduating annually.
- Museum Studies
Credit Hour Requirements
Financial Aid Available
Deadline To Apply
See program website for details.
Required. Students arrange internships, which count for three credit hours and are evaluated by the program director.
Places Where Students Have Interned During the Past 3 Years
• Col. Benjamin Stephenson House
• Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library
• Missouri Historical Society
• St. Louis County Parks
• St. Louis Science Center
• St. Louis Zoo
• Belleville Museum of Industry and Labor, Schmidt Art Center
Job Placement Assistance
Students can work with the Program Director to refine resumes.
Employers Who Have Hired Graduates from this Program within the Past Five Years
• Cahokia Mounds
• Association of Midwest Museums
• Pike County Historical Society (Missouri)
• Rogers Historical Society (Missouri)
• National Park Service