Around the Field July 10, 2019
10 July 2019 – NCPH Office
From around the field this week: History Relevance Initiative seeks feedback on new guiding framework; submissions are due for two prizes from MARAC and the Western History Association; proposals for NCPH 2020 are due next Monday, July 15; applications are now open for the second cohort of DC Public Library’s Memory Lab Network.
- Six Qualities of a Relevant History Experience – History Relevance Initiative seeks feedback on new guiding framework
AWARDS and FUNDING
- Arline Custer Memorial Award from the Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) – Award recognizes the best books and articles written in the MARAC region (DC, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia – submissions due July 31, 2019
- Louise Pubols Public History Prize from the Western History Association – submissions now due Aug 1, 2019 (deadline extended)
CONFERENCES and CALLS
- Deadline reminder! National Council on Public History Annual Meeting – March 18-21, Atlanta, GA, US (proposals due July 15)
- PastForward 2019 – National Trust for Historic Preservation annual conference – Oct 10-12, 2019, Denver, CO, US
- “Researching New York 2019” Call for Papers extended through July 15 – Nov 21-23, Albany, NY, US
- “Catalysts of Social Change: Honoring the 100th Anniversary of Women’s Suffrage” – Small Museums Association Conference – Feb 16-18, 2020, College Park, MD, US (proposals due Sept 20, 2019)
- “Creating Community in Black Los Angeles During the Great Migration” talk from Alison Rose Jefferson at the California African American Museum – July 10, 2019, Los Angeles, CA, US
- Applications now open for the second cohort of DC Public Library’s Memory Lab Network – Q&A session July 12, applications due Aug 16, 2019
- Transatlantic Seminar for Museum Curators and Educators: “Museums as Spaces for Social Discourse and Learning” – Nov 4-7, 2019, Berlin, Germany
To submit an item to this regular listing, fill out the form at http://ncph.org/around-the-field-form/. Please make sure to include a URL where readers can find more information about your posting.