Around the Field August 7, 2019
07 August 2019 – NCPH Office
From around the field this week: AASLH reintroduces the History Leadership Institute; The Midwest Archives Conference Call for Proposals now open through September 6; The Small Museum Association seeks session proposals for their 2020 conference through September 20; The National Archives announces new webinars on teaching with archives; IFPH publishes new issue of International Public History.
- The National Park Service and the National Writing Project (NWP) announces Write Out, an activity series focused on public exploration, media creation, and place-based learning – October 13-26, 2019.
- The American Association for State and Local History reintroduces the History Leadership Institute – June 1-13, 2020 (Virtual) and June 14-27, 2020 (Indianapolis, IN, US)
- Take University of Massachusetts Boston survey on participatory archiving by September 15, 2019.
AWARDS and FUNDING
- Applications for the John H. Daniels Fellowship at the National Sporting Library & Museum due August 15, 2019.
- Telfair Museums seeking applicants for the Tenenbaum Museum Education Fellowship
- American Council of Learned Societies fellowship applications due September 25, 2019; applications to host Mellon/ACLS public fellows due October 2019
- NCPH 2020 awards cycle is now open, with deadlines of November 1 and December 1, 2019
CONFERENCES and CALLS
- Call for Book Proposals: New Series – Vernon Press Series in Classical Studies.
- Call for Manuscripts: New Series on Latin American Environmental Humanities.
- Midwest Archives Conference 2020 Call for Proposals now open – May 6-9, 2020, Des Moines, Iowa, US (proposals due September 6, 2019)
- Museum Scholar journal call for submissions
- The International Council of Museums (ICOM) 25th General Conference – September 1-7, 2019, Kyoto, Japan.
- 21st Annual Conference on Illinois History – October 3-4, 2019, Springfield, Illinois, US
- The National Archives announces new webinars on teaching using archival materials. Registration now open.
- South Carolina Archives & History Foundation Fall Speaker Series 2019 registration now open – September 10, October 8, and November 12, 2019.
- Self-Care in the Museum Workplace – Webinar by the Center for the Future of Museums – August 8, 2019.
- Focusing on Visitors: Public Programming and Exhibits at History Institutions – AASLH workshop – September 23-24, St. Paul, Minnesota, US
- Archival Processing: Principles and Practical Strategies – webinar by the Connecting to Collections Care Online Community – September 5, 2019
- New issue of International Public History, journal of the International Federation for Public History, has been published.
- Temple University Press publishes The Battle of Germantown: Effective Public History in America (Young)
To submit an item to this regular listing, fill out the form at http://ncph.org/around-the-field-form/. Please make sure to include a URL where readers can find more information about your posting.