Eat and Engage
Participate in one of our Dine Arounds or our Out to Lunch program for a laid-back and social way to experience the Hartford restaurant scene!
NCPH Dine Arounds take place on Thursday, March 28 at 7:00 pm. Volunteers propose a topic to be the focus for a dinner conversation, select a nearby restaurant (see the lists of recommendations here and on pages 8-9 of the Program), make dinner reservations, and agree to lead their group to dinner. Participants then stop by the conference registration desk to sign up for their chosen Dine Around. Space is limited, but there is no sign up fee; participants do cover the cost of their own dinner, however.
Past topics include:
- Learning and Healing through Outdoor Public History Adventures, Las Vegas, 2019
- What I Wish I’d Known: Starting a Public History Program, Las Vegas, 2018
- Public History in Times of Government Budget Crisis, Indianapolis, 2017
- Presenting LGBTQ History, Indianapolis, 2017
- Crowd-Sourcery, Baltimore, 2016
- Producing Your Own Documentary Films, Baltimore, 2016
- Beyond Superfund Sites and Polluted Rivers: Intersections of Public History and Environmental History Museums, Nashville, 2015
Fill out this form to propose a Dine Around for NCPH 2019 in Hartford by January 28!
OUT TO LUNCH
Are you looking for an informal opportunity to meet with fellow public historians? Out to Lunch is an event designed to encourage attendees to get to know each other outside of the conference hotel. We will be organizing two lunches in Hartford: one on Thursday afternoon and another geared specifically toward graduate students on Friday. Attendees will be placed into groups of 4-5, meet their group at the registration desk, and work together to select a lunch venue; see pages 8-9 of the Program for a list of restaurants within walking distance of the Connecticut Convention Center as well as our 2019 Restaurant Guide! Please keep in mind that each person is responsible for the cost of their own lunch.
Use this form to sign up. The deadline to sign up online is March 13, 2019. You will also be able to sign up onsite at the registration desk before 5:00 pm the day before the lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact Sam Opsahl at [email protected] or (317) 274-2168.